Sunday, October 15, 2017

Blog: Social Networking Sites

The four social media platforms I have visited are: Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram.

I personally like Instagram better because I like looking at photos more than I like to read a status. I think Instagram is a platform that's constantly revealing new trends and really helps individuals be creative. For example, Cover Girl has never had a male spokesperson before. After Instagram became an outlet for people to post their creations (nice photos, clay art, makeup, fashion, etc.), a guy with very good makeup skills was found and signed as the very first male representative of Cover Girl. It is easy to use with a clean minimalistic format that allows users to operate and adjust quickly.

I like Twitter the least because there are too many formats to tweet, retweet, search and post. There are certain symbols to remember in order to adjust to the form of social media. The amount of characters used is also very limiting to posts and for people who want to share a little more than 140 characters. While it is made to be a simplified version of a blog, it is not my style. So personally I don't like Twitter and I don't like using Twitter.

While Facebook has become more and more complicated with the settings, I think its still (more or less) easy to use. This is mainly because I grew up using Facebook so I have a gist of what is happening. MySpace became very old and the look of it wasn't as clean. Facebook became the new MySpace and it just stuck with me growing up. I don't really post much on Facebook but I appreciate their messenger app. It is handy for me to communicate with my friends and I love the stickers I can send to better explain my emotions!

Snapchat is fun to keep up with. It is pretty simple for the most part and the filters and very cute. However, many say it isn't a form of social networking (site) because you simply send photos to each other. I disagree with that. Snapchat has changed their format and made small changes to match user demands. Certain features, such as infinite amount of time a snap could be opened to typing more characters in a snap, Snapchat has become easier for users to communicate with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment